Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This one actually made me laugh

Generally when I see facebook memes I ignore them.  But when I saw one of my friend's products based on these instructions it made me laugh, so I figured I'd give it a go.  I'll post the instructions, then my result:

1 - Go to wikipedia and hit random. The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band. 2 - Go to quotationspage.com and hit random. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album. 3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days” Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. 4 - Use Gimp or Photoshop or similar (picnik.com is a free online photo editor) to put it all together. 5 - Post it with this text in the "caption."


I'm not sure which of the three elements I was most pleased with.  I mean, that photo is absolutely fantastic.  So that immediately gets an early lead in the "favorite element" race.  But I love the absurdity of a band called Fencing at the 1976 Olympics.  And that quote is just near enough to some angsty band's album title that it almost seems real but the seriousness is simultaneously a wonderfully humorous element in this cover art.  All around an enjoyable 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Gallup Family said...

I'm not photoshop savy enough to put mine together but my band name came out as Codex Marshal Or. 99, my album title was Cease but with our lives, and the album cover was a picture of a lady about to eat an apple. I think mine fit together rather nicely too...LOL

M said...

This was an enjoyable use of time. I'm posting it on the family forum.