Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lizzie's First Encounter with Scissors

Have no fear. I'm not that terrible of a mom- leaving scissors out for a 6 month old to play with. I have been bugging Joe for weeks now to let me snip some of Lizzie's hair. She has a rat tail forming which I don't find very flattering and her bangs are constantly in her eyes. We compromised and I got to cut the rat tail but leave the bangs to continue growing. I'll just have to do better at putting her hair in a piggy tail.

This is the before shot. You can clearly see that the rat tail is reaching an absurd length.


As you probably know if you have tried cutting a small child's hair, they don't like to keep their head still. As you can see, Lizzie was not well pleased with the whole cutting process.


This is the end shot. She's still growing out her newborn hair so there is a patch of really dark hair at the nape of her neck. I am happy to report that it no longer includes a rat tail. The 90s are over, and to me, rat tails were never cool. As you can see, Joe is consoling Lizzie after the traumatic experience.

3 comments:

Smith Family said...

How funny that it was just that one little 'tail' that was so long (other than her frohawk on top)! Love blogs for the chance to stay involved in frequent updates in family and friends lives.

Smith Family said...

i love your blog.
love macey

Joe and Emily said...

I love you Macey!!