Thursday, June 9, 2011

The light at the end of the grad school tunnel

We've both been hired for one-year faculty positions at BYU-Idaho.  Emily is in the Psychology department, and Joe is in the English department.  

We need to be in Rexburg by mid-August for training. So now we know when this temporary-post-grad-school-crashing-at-our-parents'-houses experiment has to come to an end.  We love that our parents made their homes available to us while we've sorted out our employment, but we're grateful we get to move on to the next stage of our lives.

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

Oh, what a relief it is, eh? Our faith is going to have to hold out awhile longer for us. We are hoping Dec. will bring us closer to you all in the west.

kaylee said...

Dude. This is so awesome for you guys! Emily--I hope this makes all those awful I-don't-know-if-I-even-want-to-finish-my-dissertation days worth it. Also, I recently read a book called "Mama, PhD." I think you might find it interesting, should you find some spare reading time :)