Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Emily! (several weeks ago...)

Emily's birthday is the tenth of October.  That means this year her birthday was all sorts of awesome because it was 10-10-10.  Naturally, there is only one thing you can do with such an awesome birthday: throw a Binary Birthday Bash.  Emily and I put our heads together to come up with some ways we could incorporate 1s and 0s into her birthday party (along with my sister Kate who was around to help plan).  We used the food to highlight the date.

All the food was paired in shapes of 1s and 0s.


Carrots and cucumber slices, apple slices and grapes, round and straight pretzels...

Meatballs and Lil' Smokies...


Onion rings and french fries, and the condiments in appropriately shaped dishes.


And instead of cake, cupcakes with appropriate decorations.

Hope you had a Happy Binary Birthday, Emily.



P.S. During the party Lizzie joined a toddler herd, which was also fantastic:

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

You guys are real thinkers! Great job! I have to admit I had to ask Emily what a binary number or bday was. (Remember I'm the one who didn't graduate college and a little refresher course on some of the most basics. Sad but true).

Taylor Tribute said...

Oh my gosh the food looks awesome! How fun! Hope you had a great birthday. I was thinking of you all day:)