Monday, February 15, 2010

Lizzie and the Smoothie

This morning Emily and I were enjoying a delicious and nutritious smoothie. Lizzie, as she is wont to do, begged for what Emily and I were eating. I figure, "What's the harm?" What followed was one of those moments which I have had a few times as a parent where I was faced with conflicting reactions. Those two reactions were: 1) AH! Stop her, she's making a mess! and 2) I should get a camera and take a picture.

As I said, this has happened on more than one occasion as a parent. The only other time in my life I remember facing a similar situation (though with a very key difference to be addressed in a moment) was on my mission in Mexico. While living in Dolores Hidalgo I reached under my bed and pulled out my luggage which dislodged a scorpion which fell next to my bed. My mission companion and I each had conflicting reactions to seeing a scorpion on the floor. Namely: 1) AH! KILL IT! SMASH IT! SMOOSH IT! END IT! and 2) I should get a camera and take a picture. Obviously the key difference I referenced above was the strong urge to smoosh the scorpion flat as contrasted with a concern for the mess that Lizzie was making, but the conflicting urge to go grab a camera was the same.

In both instances the urge to grab the camera won. So enjoy some pictures of Lizzie making a mess with a smoothie:

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Too cute, messy, but cute. Got to enjoy a few of those moments over the years.