Saturday, April 10, 2010

We were THIS close to getting the daily blog post

Alas, we didn't get a post up yesterday. We were so close to keeping our promise of having a daily post. Sigh. Now all the trust we've built up with friends and family through the years is irrevocably lost.

Moving on, Emily and I have decided that to 1) have some quality time with Lizzie and 2) preserve our sanity each Saturday one of us will take Lizzie on a Daughter Date. We'll alternate weeks, and whoever gets Lizzie that week gets to take her to do something for two hours, and the other person gets to do whatever they want (sleep, nap, doze, play video games) for those two hours. Those two hours are guilt free. This was our first week, and I took Lizzie to a park where we played, I pushed Lizzie on the swings, and we saw lots of squirrels. Lizzie would point and scream "Sacrhamahciuoeriaa!!" when she saw a squirrel. I'm sure coherent words will come some day. Here are some pics:


Meanwhile, at home Emily, with her two guilt-free hours to do anything she wanted, took a nap (wise choice) and then...cleaned the bathroom!?! I hope she doesn't think she's established some sort of precedent, because when she has her daughter date with Lizzie I don't think I'll be scrubbing the toilet. I guess we just have different ideas about what is relaxing.

3 comments:

Tianna said...

Trust = lost.

You can start making it up by doing a post every day next week, too.

(Hint: do them all in one day and use the Post Options to have them all post on different days so we all think you did one every day.

Gallup Family said...

I cannot believe how much Lizzie's looks are changing! She looks a lot like you, Em!

Katie Bell said...

I for one, am surprised that Emily did not choose option 'video game playing'.