Monday, January 26, 2009

The baby with all the hair

Emily and I are pretty sure we could have loved a bald baby. But all along we both knew we really wanted a baby with hair. Lots of it. A big ol' baby fro.

Lizzie was born with a full head of hair. Though we've been warned that baby hair often falls out, hers has thus far remained firmly rooted to her scalp (I am fond enough of her hair that I might go so far as to use super-glue to convince her hair to stay put should it begin to fall out, but I doubt Emily would approve of such measures).

Inevitably, people who are seeing Lizzie for the first time comment on her hair. On Sunday at church as I was walking down the hall with Lizzie I heard one of the young women say to her friend, "Look, there's the baby with all the hair." You may be wondering where this is all going. Well, this preamble is leading up to me posting some pictures of fun ways a baby's hair can be styled when there is enough of it.









6 comments:

Gallup Family said...

She is such a gorgeous baby with beautiful eyes...and hair! When I was little I had longer hair (that didn't stand up quite as much) but my mom would pull it into the Pebbles look from the Flintstones. I have many of pic of my hair in that center of the head ponytail...minus the bone :)

Phil Erickson said...

Needless to say I am a little jealous because our baby is in fact BALD. What little he did have fell out and now he has a little peach fuzz. I love the pictures.

Tianna said...

Someday, your baby is gonna hate you for these pictures. :)

Katie Bell said...

Not to spoil the enthusiasm, but there will come a point in time where it will become a chore to get that little girl's hair done...meanwhile, enjoy it. It's amazing how something so cute can look so much like Joe.

Joe and Emily said...

What are you saying Katie? Lizzie isn't going to sit still every single day when I pull out the brush and comb and start making pigtails?
And are you saying Joe isn't cute? He's going to be crushed. hahaha

Cherice said...

These were adorable!