Sunday, April 29, 2012

Duct tape shoes

While I was walking on the treadmill one evening with an episode of Mythbusters on for entertainment, Lizzie wandered into the room.  On the episode, they were trying to survive on a desert island with just duct tape with them.  One of the things the mythbusters did was make shoes for themselves out of duct tape.  Lizzie saw that, and immediately asked me where some tape was. 

I alerted Emily to Lizzie's likely intent, and together they crafted some simple duct tape sandles before the episode was over.  Lizzie even took the duct tape sandals to daycare for show and tell...I have no idea what the daycare worker must have thought about that particular item, but I imagine show and tell with a bunch of three-year-olds is always a bit unique.






1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Too funny. Macey and her friend made slippers and eye masks for sleeping out of the 'patterned' duct tape. Very creative girls!